To make the reversible circle markers:
1) cut out 18 4" circles of frogs (recommend 9 need be fussy cut), Timeless Treasures, and 18 solid aqua for the reverse;
2) stitch 1 fussy cut and one random circles of frogs together on the edges. I used a multiple zig zag stitch as I am certain these little markers will be used for MORE than Tic Tac Toe...!
3) stitch 2 of the solid aqua circles together on their edges;
4) using a tight, straight stitch (on my Janome 6125 I set the stitch length to 2) stitch about 1/2" from the perimeter of the circle leaving 1 1/2" open from the beginning of the straight stitch;
5) insert a funnel into the 1 1/2" opening and scoop 2 T of PolyPellets into the mouth of the funnel. Shake the marker gently to allow the pellets to fall into the interior;
6) smooth the pellets to the opposite of the opening and stitch to close up the opening in the marker. Stitch a second seam 1/8 from the first, to secure the pellets in the marker;
To make the Tic Tac Toe board:
1) cut a 16 inch square of fabric;2) pin into place four 16" lengths of 1/4" seam binding, establishing the lines for your board at 5" and 10" both horizontally & vertically;3) stitch binding in position with a wide zig zag.
To make the Checkerboard:
1) cut 2 fat quarters - 1 black, 1aqua into 6 2 1/2" strips
OR 4 lengths of 2 1/2" jelly rolls of each black & aqua;
2) stitch one black and one aqua length together (1/4" seam);
3) repeat for all the black and aqua combos;
4) press to the black;
5) stitch a combo strip of blk & aqua to another strip of blk & aqua;
7) with the seam side facing up, cut the 4 strip combos into 2 1/2" strips;
8) stitch the new 4 square strip to another 4 square to make 8 rows of 8 square lengths, alternating which is first on the left, an aqua square with the next row starting with a black square, see picture for placement;
9) align and pin at seams to nest 2 eight unit strips together, careful nesting will pay off;
10) repeat the eight unit stitching until you make up four 16 unit pieces;
11) you are almost there... stitch the 16 units together being careful with maintaining the appropriate aqua black placement and with careful nesting at seams;
12) stitch the two 32 block units into the final 64 block checkerboard;
13) press well so the seams all are pushed in the same direction.