Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Quilting Journey

Creating beauty is soothing.  Be it a watercolor painting or the lushness of quilting, it feels good.  Not necessarily easy, but good.  Whole.  Left brain, right brain satisfying.

So I will post little snippets of this journey through my stash and into the lives of friends and family.

The quilts will represent the maker and the recipient.  Isn't that how you decide on what pattern and fabrics?  You think about to whom the creation will be given.  The journey begins.  I am grateful for the limited skills I have and hope the kicked up frequency of sitting at the sewing machine will improve my skills and courage to learn more skills.  For example, thanks to Leah Day's Free Motion Quilting Project, I completed my first FMQ! Yeah!

Thank you for joining me on this journey.

No comments: