Tuesday, July 26, 2011

a needful project

I have done something new.  And different.  A need arose.
A friend's mother passed away unexpectedly.  The mother was a quilter.

Stitched into this Pieces of My Heart are the names of  her parents,
husband, children & their spouses,
and her grandchildren.
They are an eternal family.
Peace and comfort to all burdened with sorrow, the loss of time to say what is in your heart, and the baby a grandmother did not get to hold.  She made a difference.
can you see Paige?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a lovely tribute to your friend's mother. May her family find peace and comfort during this difficult time.

DA & J said...

Kari,
I stubled upon your blog from Pintrest. I hope you don't mind if I steal the pictures. I forgot to take some before we burried her. Thanks again. It was beutiful and I am sure my mom loved it too.

Jenny