Friday, June 27, 2014

Another great QOV idea


Saw this pic on Quiltville's fb page and had to put pencil to paper and create the block for a future QOV project!  This lovely patriotic quilt was made by Suzanne Twinzsl in 2009 (according to flickr) and I have messaged her for the name of the pattern & its designer so I can give proper credit.  Until then, I started sketching it out.

Here is a paper foundation I made up to create this scrappy QOV.
I, also, posted this info on Quiltville's fb page for those admiring Suzanne's quilt:  

Blocks square up at 7 1/2"
(printable on standard paper)
#1 center flag print fabric:  2 1/2 x 3 1/4"
#2 & 3 Neutrals with Red & Blue accents:  3 1/4 x 4 3/8"
#4 & 5 Dk Reds & Blues:  5 1/4"

Make 120 squares.  Layout as in pic, 10 across and 12 (instead of her 14) down.
Add 4" border.

The dimensions would end up approx 78" x 92",
which is a generous twin.

No comments: