Friday, August 15, 2014

Need for TruLight bulbs and Joan is All on Her Own FMQing!


The background fabric in this quilt is white...  But who would know??

After this picture I knew I needed to remove the ridiculous black lampshades and change those horrid, cheap, yellowing lightbulbs that came with my Gammill.  It is little things like this that make the difference between quality service and just cashing my check.
DH purchased & installed TruLight bulbs after Joan was finished with her quilt.  What a difference it has made.  Wish I had a comparison pic for you to see.

But let's get back to Joan's All on Her Own quilt.  Applause, yodeling, roses tossed in her direction.

Her primary fabric is a grayed brown in a very simple pattern with random pops of color.  Joan did a freemotion allover pattern of squares and rectangles nested and leading to the next squares and rectangulars.

She spent the morning remembering to breathe and to relax her iron grip.  And SHE DID IT!  So proud.

FMQ TIP: the dk brown with aqua dot 2" wide ribbon is not part of the quilt.  It is pinned in place so she knows she is approaching the belly bar so her stitching does not flatten out when she reaches the bar unexpectedly.  It is just a visual place holder. 

1 comment:

Petit Design Co. said...

I agree! Good lighting is so important.

I love your ribbon idea. I usually use a few pins but sometimes I still miss seeing them. I'll have to try your tip.