Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Paper Piecing Groove On

I was inspired by the variety of 'patterns within a pattern' seen on
It is Grandma's Surprise 
from Joyce Gieszler's book Then and Now Quilts.
I used a jelly roll of
Collection for a Cause's Historical Blenders
from Missouri Star Quilt Company
for its muted, greyed-down tones.
Kona Solids' Parchment jelly roll was used for the background.

I used my favorite paper piecing software, Quilt-Pro's Foundation Factory Kaleidoscope series.
I chose block #4 out of 150 kaleidoscope blocks.  How fun was that? And easy, beasy.
Print your squares any size you want, I chose 6" finished so the finished Grandma's Surprise is 18".



6" blocks were the perfect size for cutting pieces from my 
jelly rolls,
using my Triangular ruler.









Think my next one will be black and aqua.  
Go and see your options from this single block on  First Light Designs post Something in Common.  

5 comments:

beth s said...

This is GORGEOUS!

The Joyful Quilter said...

WOW!! That is an AWESOME block!!!

Karee said...

Thank you Beth S and The Joyful Quilter! When you make one, I would love to see it.

Johanna said...

Wow! I love this!

Kunzfrau said...

Superschön!!! Gefällt mir total gut :-)))

Gruß Marion