Wednesday, February 3, 2016

I Spy -- all boy

A mom & dad have a string of girls and the news of a boy was big news.  So an all-boy quilt was the request and I thought snails, bugs, sharks, karate, etc.

The 'boys are made of ' idea meant:  an I Spy quilt!


In my pre-cut stash I knew there was an I Spy layer cake.  Sure enough!  A previous version by Kanvas Studios that I purchased at Missouri Star Quilt Company.
Added Kona Ash and used a super, simple you-tube tutorial
by Fat Quarter Shop called
No-Bake Jolly Bar (in the Shortcut Quilt Series.)
One Layer Cake actually made TWO quilts 47x54" !!




3 comments:

Mina said...

This turned out really nice! I am inspired to make one myself

Shannon said...

I like this with the gray. I have piles of I-Spy squares, so I'm inspired too!

Karee said...

Let me know what you make!