Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Treble Clef Fun

Why the thrill for touching fabric?

In mid-August I was asked to teach an Early Morning Seminary class to 9th - 12th graders at 6am, M-F for the next four years.  It is an amazing opportunity: great youth, teaching the Old Testament, and getting up at 4:12am every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

I am so tired in the afternoons that I do not trust myself to drive or use a rotary cutter between 1-5pm.

So I have not sewn or long-armed anything since August 10th.

A friend came over and said I looked as if I needed some fabric therapy.  She was right!

It felt so good to touch, stitch, and yes, even, cut some fabric!

This Piano Accompanist quilt has been 99.99% done and was loaded on Sis Hinckley since May.  Summer and Seminary fun had filled my days/weeks/months.  It only needed the treble clefs and words stitched into the corners.










2 comments:

Kristen Willard said...

I love that border! It is so understated that it doesn't take away from the center. Also love your Sister Hinckley quote!

Karee said...

Thank you!